Life is an incredible balancing act. Everything in moderation. As the hardened Alastor Moody was known to say, in order to succeed one must maintain “constant vigilance!” However, being acutely aware of yourself and others at all hours of the day is an exhausting endeavor and one that can easily drive a person insane. Here are some of life’s great contradictions that send me up the wall.
- Ask questions, but be able to figure it out on your own.
- Have a great time, but be responsible and don’t do anything you’ll regret.
- Don’t limit yourself, but don’t overdo it.
- Be open to making new friends, but bring your pepper spray.
- Fall in love, but wait for the right guy.
- Don’t waste your time on toxic people, but give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
- Always be kind to all, but don’t let others use you as a doormat.
- Do what you love, but make sure you can pay the bills.
There’s a perfect happy medium to all of these. It’s just so frighteningly easy to slip to one side or the other. How do you find that sweet spot when faced with tricky situations in your life?