It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life, even during COVID. There’s always work to be done, chores to be finished and projects to be started. Sometimes we forget to stop and take a good look at all the things that are just right. What better day to be thankful and celebrate the good things? Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here is my current list of things that I’m thankful for right now.
- Cheap plane tickets (without which I may not have been able to host a Thanksgiving feast for three).
- Mom (the master chef behind our favorite Thanksgiving recipes and my lifeline as I attempt to replicate our traditional feast for the very first time in my Barbie sized kitchen).
- A potato masher (and a number of other kitchen gadgets I purchased recently to help the holiday cooking progress as smoothly as possible).
- Christmas lights (any Christmas lights – the ones brightening the streets of downtown Valpo, the ones spiraling my neighbor’s balcony, the ones twinkling on my own tiny Christmas tree, even the ones that haven’t been lit yet but will soon be declaring the Christmas spirit everywhere).
- Boots in my entryway (the ones that belong to my sister and her fiance because no one should be alone for Thanksgiving).
These are hardly the only things I’m thankful for but that list could go on for days and give Santa’s naughty list a run for its money. Suffice to say that it warms my heart to be able to hug two of my favorite people today.